Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break Goals

I have created this blog for the primary purpose of searching out artists that inspire me. This is a goal recommended to me by my husband and art faculty. As I research artists recommended to me and those I find on my own, I will be posting my thoughts and observations and discuss how I feel these artists relate specifically to me and my work. As I'm sure that I'll find many artists whose work is amazing, much of it probably won't directly inspire me. In other words, this blog is not presently meant to be taken as a critique of the artist and their work necessarily.

Since Spring Break has begun (Thank goodness!), I'm intending to be going through several artists that have been recommended to me before Spring term begins. In addition to my other Spring Break goals with my other blog (see: http://carriemnelson.blogspot.com/), I intend to be researching, and posting about, at least one artist a day between today and a week from tomorrow.

I will post links to these artists' web pages and I may include an image of their work. Naturally, anything of theirs that I may post is 100% not mine and I intend to cite everything accordingly.

These artists include:
Christian Boltanski
Joseph Cornell
Suzannah and the Elders painting in "Fact and Fancy"
Alex Colville
George Tooker
Maggie Taylor
Jerry Uelsmann
Gregory Crewdson
Duane Michals
Henri Cartier-Bresson "Decisive Moment"
Karen Kilimnik
Patrick Megrath Menioz
Nicholas Nixon

(and there are many more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment